With back-to-school season here, it’s the perfect time to get organized - particularly if you have kids! If you don’t have a dedicated “drop zone” for everyone’s belongings, create one so that everything has a place. Here are a few tips on how to get organized and freshen up this heavily space.
- Paint It! When a space feels and looks good, you’ll be much more likely to keep it looking that way! A fresh coat of paint is the quickest and most affordable way to do just that. If your entryway or mudroom is looking a little worn, Scuff-X is an excellent product that protects walls from the toughest scuff marks.
- Install Hooks: This is a great way to quickly hang backpacks, purses or jackets and keep them off of the floor!
- Utilize Baskets: Designate a basket for every family member so loose items like gloves, hats, sunscreen, etc., can easily be corralled in one place. Label the baskets with each person’s name to ensure their items stay together.
- Add Storage: Use storage cubbies or add a stand-alone piece of furniture to house your items. If you already own something like this but don’t love it anymore, re-rejuvenate it with a fresh coat of paint. Depending on your overall colour palette, you can choose something dramatic like Hale Navy HC-154, a warm neutral like Thunder AF-685 or Chantilly Lace OC-65 to give your space a crisp, clean look. Advance is the perfect paint for this type of job and is guaranteed to give you long lasting results.
- Create Zones with Colour Blocking: If you have a designated mudroom, consider colour blocking. You can achieve this look with straight lines or arches in colours that are monochromatic, tone-on-tone or complimentary. It’s a great way to highlight zones in a space or simply give a room a ton of personality with very little effort. Get inspired with these popular accent colours.